2 dead, 32 injured after Russian drone attack hits Kharkiv homes

By South China Morning Post | Created at 2025-04-03 23:26:42 | Updated at 2025-04-05 01:05:01 1 day ago

A Russian drone attack on Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city, hit dwellings and triggered fires late on Thursday, killing at least two people and injuring 32, local officials said.

Regional Governor Oleg Syniehubov, writing on the Telegram messaging app, said two children were among the injured in the city’s Novobavarskyi district.

He said several multi-storey block of flats had been hit, with a blaze erupting on the roof of one building. Rescue teams were sifting through rubble in the search for survivors.

Mayor Ihor Terekhov said the remains of a third person had been found under rubble.

Syniehubov also said one person was hurt in a drone strike on Ruski Tyshky, a village outside Kharkiv.

Kharkiv, in northeastern Ukraine, has been subject to nearly nightly Russian drone attacks in the past week, including an hour-long barrage on Wednesday evening.

Read Entire Article