Disturbing footage captured the moment an Australian-Jewish couple were told by an Irish tourist in France he would put a 'bullet' in their heads.
The couple were visiting a supermarket in south-east France earlier this month and said they began chatting with an Irish tourist known as 'Paddy' about football.
The couple claim the tourist told them 'it's a shame Hitler didn't finish the job', before they began to film the altercation.
In the footage, which has been widely shared online, the man can be seen snarling at the couple.
'You get the f*** away before I put a f***ing bullet in your head,' he said.
'You f***ing pigs, f*** off.'
The woman said she began recording him when his friendly demeanour soon changed.
'(He) approached us because my husband was wearing a French football top, and he obviously heard us chatting in English, and bantered, "Why is an Englishman wearing a French shirt?" she said.
A Jewish-Australian couple were subjected to a vile antisemitic tirade while shopping at a French supermarket
'My husband answered in a friendly style that he's an Australian, but liked the shirt and as we are travelling around France, he was happy to wear it.
'Then my husband said he wouldn't wear an Irish shirt and Paddy agreed that their team was crap and started running down the Irish soccer team which we had no real knowledge of.'
The woman said Paddy's behaviour changed when she told him the real reason her husband wouldn't wear the Irish jersey is because the Irish government holds 'such anti-Israel policies'.
'He became aggressive, informing me, "We all agree with that. And I'm sorry Hitler didn't finish the job!" - at that point I retrieved my phone and started videoing,' she said.
While it's not been confirmed if French police have launched an investigation into the incident, leading French officials have condemned the man's attack as 'antisemitic' and 'violent'.
France's minister for gender equality and the fight against discrimination, Aurore Bergé, said the video reveals a chilling and unacceptable level of violence.
'France will never compromise with antisemitism and hatred. Our country is particularly mobilized, especially since October 7, 2023, and will remain so for as long as necessary to ensure that no one ever has to suffer hatred because of their origin or their real or perceived identity,' Bergé said.
Minister for Small and Medium Enterprises Serge Papin added: 'France is a welcoming land, open to all those who wish to discover it, regardless of their nationality or religion. No tourist should be targeted, threatened, or discriminated against because of who they are or what they believe.'
The couple met the man - an Irish tourist - while shopping for groceries in France
The vision was originally shared by the Australian Jewish Association (AJA) on X last week.
AJA President, Robert Gregory told the Daily Mail the couple are 'understandably shaken' but doing well given the circumstances.
'This is a wonderful couple and proud Jewish Australians who did absolutely nothing to deserve this. Our thoughts are with them,' Mr Gregory said.
'Every threat of antisemitic violence must be taken seriously. We expect the authorities to investigate this matter urgently and take decisive action against those responsible.
'Australia is facing an unprecedented wave of antisemitism, but this incident is a disturbing reminder that Jews can be targeted anywhere.
'Jewish travellers in Europe should exercise caution and remain vigilant.'
The Daily Mail has contacted French law enforcement for comment.

By Daily Mail (World News) | Created at 2026-08-17 12:00:26 | Updated at 2026-08-19 21:01:36
2 days ago








