Father who raped and 'prostituted' his seven-month daughter is jailed for 17 years

By Daily Mail (World News) | Created at 2025-04-03 14:35:26 | Updated at 2025-04-04 22:54:56 1 day ago

By SABRINA PENTY

Published: 13:01 BST, 3 April 2025 | Updated: 14:15 BST, 3 April 2025

A depraved father has been sentenced to 17 years behind bars after he raped and 'prostituted' his seven-month-old daughter in his Spanish apartment.

The 27-year-old waiter, named only as Santiago, had been investigated in 2022 for distributing more than 100 child pornography videos and 270 images online. 

During the investigation, Spanish police discovered that the man, who is of Venezuelan origin, had filmed himself in two instances raping his daughter in his flat in the neighbourhood of Aluche in south west Madrid. 

He was also found to have distributed footage of the horrific act on the dark web.

The shocking discovery led to his arrest in 2023. 

Santiago reportedly old police at the time of his arrest: 'I was sick and couldn't stop what I was doing', according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo.

At the trial held on Tuesday, Santiago admitted to the charges brought against him of one count of sexual assault of a minor and one count of production of child pornography. 

Santiago was also found to have used various social media platforms and instant messaging services to both download and distribute 'extremely harsh' child pornography content. 

A sick Spanish father has been sentenced to 17 years behind bars after he raped and 'prostituted' his seven-month-old daughter

He was arrested in 2023 after police discovered videos of him raping his seven-month-old baby, which he distributed on the dark web. Pictured: Santiago and his partner (blue hair)

The horrific crime was committed in his apartment, in the Aluche neighbourhood in south west Madrid. Pictured: General view of the streets of Aluche

He has been sentenced to 17 years in prison, is prohibited from approaching his daughter within 500 metres and has been stripped of parental rights for 10 years.

It comes just a week after a disturbed South African father admitted to murdering his one-week-old baby after violently raping her while her mother was out. 

The Pretoria High Court heard last week how Hugo Ferreira, 37, subjected his baby daughter to vile abuse and rape after she was left alone with him on 8th June 2023. 

Maureen Brand, the baby's mother, had left the girl alone with him to sell clothes and buy nappies.

But upon her return later that day, she found her baby severely injured after being assaulted physically and sexually.

The innocent baby, who was just one week old, was taken to hospital where she died the following day due to head injuries.

Twisted Ferreira said that he wanted to give his daughter 'something to cry about', saying in his plea that he was 'unhappy' because Brand had left the baby with him and had said she would be back in five minutes.

But when Brand didn't return, and the baby girl began to cry because she was hungry and needed her nappy changed, Ferreira became angry and unleashed his horrific attack on the infant.

Santiago was also found to have used various social media platforms and instant messaging services to both download and distribute 'extremely harsh' child pornography content

'I grabbed the baby hard at the back of her neck and hit her buttocks repeatedly', he said.

'In the process, I pushed her head against the surface on which I was working.

'I accept that it was a cruel and gruesome attack, especially on such a young baby. The action was clearly illegal and I did it with intent.'

He then said that he decided to assault her sexually because he had 'decided to give her something to cry about.'

He added: 'When her mother returned, I realised she would see that something was wrong.

'I kept the baby away from her until later the day. I did this because I realised the baby was seriously injured.'

Ferreira also said that he knew that his actions were wrong and that the baby could die, adding that he continued despite knowing this.

He also said that he was under the influence of methamphetamine but added that the substance did not influence him to the point where he was not accountable for his actions.

The wicked crime was committed in Welverdiend, west of Johannesburg.

He will be sentenced next week. 

Read Entire Article