Mayor says there was shooting incident at school in southern Philippines, reports two casualties

By The Straits Times | Created at 2026-08-18 02:27:14 | Updated at 2026-08-18 04:16:58 2 hours ago

Sign up now: Get insights on Asia's fast-moving developments

Published Aug 18, 2026, 10:15 AM

Updated Aug 18, 2026, 10:23 AM

MANILA – The mayor of the southern Philippine city of Zamboanga said there had been a shooting incident at a high school on Aug 18.

There were two casualties, both students, one of whom was the gunman, Mayor Khymer Adan Olaso told DZMM radio. REUTERS

This is a developing story.

Read Entire Article