NFL to take action over star accused of kidnapping and robbery as he faces lifetime in jail... but Seattle Seahawks still look to sign player

By Daily Mail (U.S.) | Created at 2026-08-18 22:22:00 | Updated at 2026-08-20 03:35:42 1 day ago

By JAMES COHEN, SPORTS REPORTER

Published: 22:13 BST, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 22:20 BST, 18 August 2026

Embattled football star Terrion Arnold is looking to get his career back on track – however the NFL has other ideas. 

Arnold, 23, is currently accused of being the mastermind of a kidnapping and armed robbery plot in Florida, for which he is facing a potential life sentence.

Yet, despite facing a slew of eight felonies, Arnold has reportedly been handed a lifeline after trying out with a number of teams around the league. 

As it stands, the former Alabama product is expected to sign with the reigning Super Bowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks, according to a number of reports. 

However, even if Arnold does sign with Seattle, his road to redemption appears to have been blocked by the NFL following an update on Tuesday afternoon. 

According to the NFL Network, Arnold will be placed on the commissioner's exempt list whenever he does sign, meaning he is ineligible to play or practice with the team. 

Cornerback Terrion Arnold is reportedly expected to sign with the Seattle Seahawks 

Arnold faces charges of alleged kidnapping and robbery which could result in a life sentence

Arnold was cut by Detroit on the same day a judge set the NFL star's bail at $1 million and allowed him to practice and play for a team as he awaits trial.

Arnold cleared waivers after posting a $1 million bond last month. He has been ordered to stay at his residence in Tallahassee, Florida, except when he is training, playing or traveling with an NFL team. He has also surrendered his passport.

Prosecutors previously requested Arnold be fitted with an ankle monitor, but his attorneys argued he would be unable to play football with this device and the judge agreed.

The rising cornerback is accused of coordinating and directing other co-defendants to lure three men to an apartment, where they were 'robbed, beaten and held at gunpoint,' according to state attorneys in Florida.

The victims, who are described as 'three adult males in their late teens,' were left with visible injuries after being pistol-whipped. The co-defendants are also accused of stealing the victims' personal property. 

Prosecutors claim Arnold orchestrated the plan in retaliation.

As he told police in February, Arnold was allegedly robbed of $250,000 worth of personal items during his stay at an AirBNB property in Largo, Florida. The 2024 first-round draft pick claimed he lost $100,000 in cash, an $80,000 necklace and a cellphone issued to him by the Lions.

However, prosecutors claim, there is no evidence proving Arnold's alleged victims were the individuals who robbed him back in February.

The 23-year-old is accused of coordinating and directing other co-defendants

Arnold is specifically accused of orchestrating the kidnapping and robbery 'just hours' after reporting the missing items to the Largo (Florida) Police Department.

He has denied the allegations through his agent, Denise White of EAG Sports Management, who said her client 'maintains his innocence' and 'categorically denies any involvement.'

'There is no credible evidence linking Mr. Arnold to these allegations,' read White's statement. 'Instead, the government appears to be relying on testimony from multiple convicted felons who have admitted their own involvement and may have substantial incentives to shift blame in an effort to lessen their sentences.

'Mr. Arnold looks forward to his day in court and is confident that the judicial process will lead to his ultimate vindication.'

The Lions took Arnold in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, held in Detroit. He has now become the first player selected in the first round from that year's draft to be released by his team.

Arnold has played in 24 games, with 22 starts, over his two years with the Lions. He managed one interception, against the Minnesota Vikings in November 2025, and has defended 18 passes.

Read Entire Article