Nicolas Cage’s son Weston sentenced in assault case after ‘excruciating’ attack on mom Christina Fulton

By Page Six | Created at 2025-04-03 14:33:48 | Updated at 2025-04-04 23:26:46 1 day ago

Nicolas Cage’s son Weston Cage avoided prison time in his felony assault case after allegedly attacking his mom, Christina Fulton.

A Los Angeles judge sentenced the 34-year-old on Wednesday to complete a two-year mental health diversion program in hopes of treating his condition rather than punishing him for the crime itself.

“Mr. Cage does suffer from an eligible mental health disorder. I’m satisfied it was a significant factor in the commission of the charged offenses,” Judge Enrique Monguia said at the hearing, according to Rolling Stone. “It’s obvious he was suffering a breakdown at the time.”

Nicolas Cage’s son Weston Cage was sentenced to complete a mental health diversion program. Getty Images
Weston allegedly attacked his mom, Christina Fulton, in April 2024. Getty Images

Prior to the sentencing, Weston’s lawyer claimed his client already had been seeking mental health treatment and wanted to continue prioritizing it.

“He hasn’t felt this good in years. He’s in a good head space, about to get married. He moved away from the location [he was] living in before and is definitely making progress,” attorney Michael A. Goldstein said.

After the hearing, Goldstein told People that Weston “is appreciative that the court considered his ongoing and responsible rehabilitation efforts and granted mental health diversion as permitted under the Penal Code.”

The 34-year-old will undergo a two-year program to treat his mental health issues. westoncagecoppola/Instagram
Weston’s lawyer claimed his client “snapped” at the time of the incident. BACKGRID

“This incident was clearly the product of a mental health crisis, as confirmed by his mother during her comments to the court today,” he added. “I am confident that Mr. Cage will continue down this path and that the charges will ultimately be dismissed at the conclusion of the diversionary period.”

Fulton, who attended the hearing, also supported her son seeking rehabilitation rather than going to prison.

“Now I stand here, pleading for one thing: that he gets the help he deserves. Please help my son,” she told the court.

The attorney expressed how “appreciative” they were for avoiding prison time. BACKGRID
Fulton also appeared in court. BACKGRID

Fulton, 57, also recounted the horrific attack, during which she claimed Weston “almost took [her] life” in April 2024.

The “Girl with the Hungry Eyes” actress recalled rushing to her son’s apartment after he had allegedly set it on fire.

Fulton claimed a “furious” Weston “snapped” at her and grabbed her by the hair, pulled her to an elevator and began “crushing” and “suffocating” her.

The actress recalled rushing to her son’s apartment after he claimed it was on fire. WireImage
Fulton alleged Weston was “furious” and started physically assaulting her. WireImage

“He shoved his thumb in my eye socket,” she further alleged. “The pain was excruciating. My vision went black. I was losing consciousness.”

One of Weston’s friends ultimately stopped by and “risked his life to save” Fulton by pulling her son off her.

The troubled Hollywood scion was arrested for the incident in July 2024.

Fulton asked the judge to get her son the “help he deserves.” WireImage
She and Nicolas dated from 1988 to 1990. Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images

After Wednesday’s sentencing, Fulton spoke with TMZ and told her ex, “Take care of my son, our son.”

The “Lucinda’s Spell” star, who dated Nicolas from 1988 to 1990, also told the outlet that she was “heartbroken” over the situation and claimed Weston has not apologized or shown any “remorse.”

Weston subsequently took to Instagram to share a lengthy, cryptic post that read in part, “I am a man of honor.”

Page Six has reached out to Weston’s attorney and Fulton’s rep for comment.

Read Entire Article