An unhinged trans-rights protester lunged at a Manhattan mom this week during an off-the-rails education meeting marred by constant interruptions by lefty activists chanting, “We Will Rock You” and “This Little Light of Mine.”
The troubling incident happened Wednesday at District 2’s Community Education Council meeting on the Upper East Side when an irate woman refused to let conservative parent advocate Maud Maron leave, video shows.
“She lunged at me, she barred the door with her body and she said I couldn’t leave,” said Maron, who is now calling on the feds to ensure safety at the group’s increasingly chaotic meetings.
The irate woman, a parent of two trans kids, and other protesters followed then followed Maron from the building and through the school yard.
“I am used to protestors and demonstrators loudly disagreeing with me — in fact, I support their constitutional right to do so — but the last CEC meeting was scary,” added Maron, who has been outspoken opponent of trans women competing against biological women in sports.
“Without the beefed up NYPD presence, I would not have been physically safe to walk out of the building and down the street.”
The incident was the latest in a year of disruptions by trans-rights activists at meetings for CEC 2, which covers most of Lower Manhattan, Midtown and the Upper East Side.
At last month’s meeting, the group heckled, stormed the dais and even danced the “Macarena.”
They began when the advisory body of elected parent volunteers passed a resolution calling on the city Department of Education to review its policy allowing transgender girls to play female sports, which the DOE has refused to do.
On Wednesday, they wore face masks, Palestinian scarves and birthday hats for the one-year anniversary of the protests, chanting and singing variations of Queen’s “We Will Rock You” and the hymn “This Little Light of Mine” that focused on trans kids and voting out CEC members.
Jesse Mojica, deputy executive director of the DOE’s Office of Family and Community Engagement, asked attendees at the meeting not to shout over speakers and council members, and announced that school safety agents were on hand for support.
But parents say the DOE has failed to ensure safety at meetings.
CEC 2 President Craig Slutzkin said, despite meetings with the DOE regarding safety, the situation has become “untenable,” and parents have told him they are terrified to attend the meetings.
“The DOE needs to do something big to fix this,” he told The Post. “Simply having increased safety officers didn’t prevent the harassment.”
Maron is now pleading for help from Mayor Adams and US Education Secretary Linda McMahon.
“Ongoing harassment and threats now jeopardize my safety and that of other council members, hindering our ability to serve,” Maron wrote in a letter to McMahon Saturday. “I seek your guidance on ensuring our protection in these elected roles.”
She implored Adams to allow the council to transition to remote meetings.
Maron also called on McMahon to advise NYC parents “distressed” by the DOE’s “refusal to discuss how its 2019 gender guidelines — including replacing ‘sex’ with ‘gender identity’ — affect female students and athletes.”
This “stifles democratic participation and undermines girls’ rights to fair treatment under federal law.”
She is calling for a review committee, including female athletes and trans students, “to discuss in a calm and respectful fashion how to move forward in compliance with Title IX.”
The DOE and the mayor’s office did not respond to an inquiry from The Post.