Travis Kelce leaves Chiefs teammate humiliated...days after being warned he is 'DONE' in NFL

By Daily Mail (U.S.) | Created at 2026-08-17 22:04:43 | Updated at 2026-08-18 03:56:58 6 hours ago

By JAKE FENNER, US SPORTS WRITER and JAMES COHEN, SPORTS REPORTER

Published: 22:31 BST, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 22:36 BST, 17 August 2026

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce proved that despite his age, he still has what it takes to dominate on the field.

Kelce, 36, is preparing for a 14th season in the NFL and hopes to remain in shape throughout what may be his final pro football campaign.

He certainly looked the part of an elite tight end when taking part in one-on-one drills on Monday afternoon.

Lined up across from sixth-year veteran safety Alohi Gilman, Kelce put on a shake-and-bake move that sent the Notre Dame product into a different zip code.

The juke move left Kelce wide open for an easy pitch-and-catch that would have made highlight reels if it happened in a real NFL game.

Fans were left mocking Gilman while also hyping up the three-time Super Bowl champion.

Travis Kelce showed that he can still beat defenders with the best of them on Monday

Kelce pulled off a shimmy that fooled defender Alohi Gilman and led to an easy catch and yards

Kelce, 36, is about to enter his 14th NFL season - which may end up being his last

'73 years old and still snatching ankles, that's my goat right there,' one user joked on X.

'DAMN I haven't seen Trav move like that in a few years,' read another comment. 

Another said, 'I know I'm not a football player but I would've torn both ACLs trying to defend that.....'

One comment critical of the safety read, 'Gilman is starting to show why he was the backup.'

It's a promising sign from Kelce just days after reports claimed NFL scouts were skeptical on how impactful he could be.

NFL insider Jason La Canfora reported that scouts in the league believe that Kelce is finished at the top level.

'Kelce is done. That's over. What you saw last year, that's what he is,' Canfora claimed that one NFL scout told him, according to Casino Guru News.

The brutal assessment comes shortly after social media users claimed that Kelce had returned to Chiefs practice with a 'dad bod' after his whirlwind summer. 

This comes after NFL scouts declared that Kelce was 'done' after his whirlwind summer 

Kelce and Swift tied the knot in a star-studded ceremony in the center of Manhattan last month

Swift and Kelce were married in a lavish Madison Square Garden ceremony on July 3

The 36-year-old endured one of his toughest seasons of his NFL career last year, as the Kansas City Chiefs missed out on the playoffs for the first time since 2014. 

Last Wednesday afternoon, Kelce openly admitted that he felt partly to blame for the team's struggles and will look to rectify that during his 14th NFL season. 

When asked about what he wants to improve, Kelce said: 'Just being a better leader.

'When we get stuck, with adversity hitting, who's going to want you in that foxhole with you? That's one of those things, I want to be one of those guys that everybody counts on to be there and get us out of that foxhole.' 

'There were things I could have done better in that regard,' Kelce added. 

Asked about how practice was going, he said: 'I feel ready to rock and roll. Just trying to make sure I set that example for the guys around me, that this is the standard.' 

Read Entire Article