Trump blasts ‘second-rate movie star’ George Clooney over critical ‘60 Minutes’ interview

By Page Six | Created at 2025-03-24 14:54:08 | Updated at 2025-04-05 02:26:57 1 week ago

President Trump is taking aim at George Clooney.

After the actor’s “60 Minutes” interview aired Sunday night, the commander-in-chief took to his Truth Social platform to blast the “puff piece.”

Trump, 78, began his scathing post by calling Clooney, 63, a “second rate movie star” and “failed political pundit.”

President Trump slammed George Clooney on Truth Social. AFP via Getty Images
The politician took issue with Clooney’s “60 Minutes” interview, which aired Sunday. 60 Minutes/Youtube
The actor addressed the Trump administration’s lawsuits with media networks. 60 Minutes/Youtube

He continued, “He fought hard for Sleepy Joe [Biden]’s election, and then, right after the Debate, dumped him like a dog. Later, I assume under orders from the Obama camp, pushed all out for ‘Kamala’ [Harris], only to soon realize that this was not going to work out too well.”

The politician went on to repeat his claim that CBS “fraudulently inserted Fake answers” into Harris’ “disastrous interview” before Election Day last year, calling it “embarrassing and dishonest.”

He then returned to Clooney, concluding, “And now George Clooney again? His press agent should be making a fortune!!!”

“Governments don’t like the freedom of the press,” Clooney said. 60 Minutes/Youtube
Trump subsequently called the Oscar winner a “second rate movie star.” Getty Images

Clooney’s rep has yet to respond to Page Six’s request for comment.

The Oscar winner mentioned Trump by name while speaking about ABC News’ settled lawsuit with the president’s administration.

“CBS News is in the process [of doing the same],” he said. “We’re seeing this idea of using government to scare or fine or use corporations — to make journalists smaller.”

He also labeled Clooney a “failed political pundit” in his lengthy rant. Getty Images
Clooney has yet to respond to Trump’s social media upload. Bruce Glikas/WireImage

The “Gravity” star added, “Governments don’t like the freedom of the press. They never have. And that goes for whether you are a conservative or a liberal or whatever side you’re on. They don’t like the press.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Clooney defended his decision to request — via a viral New York Times op-ed — that Biden, 82, drop out of the race, shortly after co-hosting a fundraiser for the then-president’s re-election with Barbra Streisand, Julia Roberts and Jimmy Kimmel.

Harris was named the Democratic presidential nominee in August 2024, with Clooney subsequently endorsing the 60-year-old candidate.

He famously called for Joe Biden to drop out of the 2024 presidential race in an op-ed. Bloomberg via Getty Images
The Golden Globe winner stood by his decision to “tell the truth” on Sunday. GC Images

The filmmaker insisted Sunday that he stands behind his choice, explaining that he was “raised to tell the truth.”

Trump, notably, blasted the Golden Globe winner’s essay when it was published in July 2024 and labeled him a “fake movie actor.”

At the time, the “Apprentice” alum wrote, “What does Clooney know about anything? Clooney should get out of politics and go back to television. Movies never really worked for him!!!”

Read Entire Article